Just a few spots left!
15 Miles North of Creed, Colorado June 23-26, 2023
Recovery: What Work Will We Do?
- Three large group sessions (weather permitting)
- Five Tribe sessions
- Sunday morning worship
- Nightly campfire–open sharing time (weather permitting)
Large Group Sessions will revolve around understanding your own story as well as understanding the impact your story, your sexual struggles and your deceptions have had on your wife and others. Darrell Brazell will use some content from his training with Dr. Omar Minwalla that will be especially impactful. Please listen to Darrell’s podcast on “The Secret Sexual Basement” before the workshop as it will be foundational for the work we will do. It is on our “Podcast” page.
“Tribe Sessions” will be two-hour blocks you spend in your assigned group of five or six men. In these sessions, you will share your story, share Immanuel connections, process content from the large group sessions and learn from one another’s recovery journeys. Each tribe will have one session with Darrell doing a “Structure” and another with Brad doing “Heart Sync.”
“Structure” is a dramatic process where Darrell will help an individual recreate his most significant relationships in a group setting. The participant will ask different members of his “Tribe” to take on the roles of parents, siblings, spouse, teachers, coaches, etc. to work through unresolved issues. Our structure will also include an Immanuel (God with us) connection as a way of hearing Jesus’ perspective and receiving His transformational presence in difficult places. You can read about “Structures” in chapter 18 of Bessell Van Der Kolk’ book, The Body Keeps The Score. You can find an Immanuel Prayer example Here. Following the structure, we will process things that came up for others in the group as watching someone work through their story always brings up issues from our own story.
“Heart Sync” explores the heart (and brain) dynamics that empower us to walk out the wholehearted life we were created for. Heart sync explorations unveil the dynamics that prevent us from walking out our wholeheartedness. These dynamics often keep us in destructive patterns that steal our peace and harm our relationships. Specifically, we will look at the places within us where our pain resides as well as the protective systems that keep that pain inaccessible to the redemption and freedom Jesus has purchased. Having explored those dynamics–for those who are ready to dive deeper–we will invite Jesus to minister into the places where our pain has been trapped so that we can experience a deeper level of freedom, joy, and relational wholeness.
Cost: $225 per person plus lodging. (As of 2/14 we only have 4 camping or “lodging on your own” spots left)
- Includes breakfasts and dinners. (Leftovers are fair game for lunches or snacks.)
- Lodging for three nights is $125 for a bed in a cabin on site (As of 2/14 on site cabins are full but you can get on a wait list and with summer schedules there is a good chance you will get a spot though you should prepare to camp or find other lodging.)
- Lodging for three nights is $175 for a bed in a more modern cabin 15 minutes away. (As of 2/14 these spots are filled but you can get on a wait list for cancellations).
- $60 per tent or camper if camping on site.
- $0 Camp for free in the National Forest (can shower at cabins)
- ?$ While difficult to find, you may be able to secure lodging at San Juan, RC, or Freemons cabins which are 15 minutes away or Oleo which is 20-25 minutes away.
Limited to 24 men (Beds on site for 11, beds in more modern cabins 15 minutes away for 7 and rest will need to camp or find other lodging)
- Cabins on site are primitive but clean with two full size beds, a wood stove, and a light from dusk until 10PM. Ranch provides drinkable well water, but not running water except for the showers. Bring your own bedding, flashlights and a drinking water container.
- There is an outhouse between each cabin and a common shower house. (BYO towel, soap, etc. and yes there is hot water)
- The modern cabins 15 minutes away are 1) A 2 bedroom, 3 bed cabin and 2) a 2 bedroom plus loft 4 bed cabin, both have electricity, bathroom and shower.
- All spaces are on a first paid, first reserved basis. You can reserve a specific cabin & cabin mates.
- Friday, June 23
- Arrive anytime before 5PM. Cabins #1 & 2 on site will be available to unload if your cabin isn’t ready.
- 6PM Dinner
- 7PM Large group session
- 8PM Tribe Session #1 “My Story”
- Saturday & Sunday
- 7AM Breakfast available (followed by worship at 8 on Sunday)
- Free to enjoy the mountains until 3PM
- 3PM Tribe Session
- 6PM Dinner
- 7PM Tribe Session
- 9PM Large group fireside session
- Monday, June 26
- 10AM “Check Out” deadline (Unless you are renting space to stay and enjoy the mountains another day or two . . . or three)
Free Time Opportunities
- Hiking/exploring (lots of trails, public land every direction. Creede also has a cool mining history)
- ATV & Mountain Bike Rentals available in town or you can bring your own (We will have 3 extra ATVs available for morning rides. Suggest chipping in an extra $25 to help with expenses of bringing them if you go on a ride.)
- Horse Back Riding (Rent or bring your own)
- Shooting (We will set up a shooting range for pretty much anything anyone wants to bring)
- Headwaters of Rio Grande run through the area and the North Clear Creek runs right behind the cabins.
- Numerous mountain lakes are within a short drive. (Cabins are below the Continental Reservoir & there is a small private lake across the road we are allowed to use)
- Darrell will bring the following for shared use
- Two-person boat with trolling motor
- 2 Belly boats (Fishing tubes)
- Large ice chests for communal food.
- Will have some extra room on trailer if anyone has a kayak, paddle board, etc.
- Looking for cooking volunteers & clean up volunteers. New Hope will provide/pay for the food, just need volunteers to heat up and clean up. Darrell will have a sign-up sheet so we can all chip in and it not be a burden for anyone.
- Bring your own snacks, drinks & lunch food. You can also go the area eating places. Freemons is about 15 minutes away, (Great burgers, fries, ice cream, milk shakes, etc.) Creede & Lake City (30 minutes & 45 minutes) have additional restaurants
You can apply to be part of the workshop by sending Darrell an email through our contact form or by calling or texting him at 785-331-HOPE (4673). Please share a little of your journey and why you think this workshop would be beneficial for you.
Payment by cash, check or Paypal. (Use our donation page but be sure to put “2023 Mountain Trip” in notes.) Refunds will depend on being able to replace you. You can make a $100 deposit to hold your place.
Darrell will arrive on Thursday, June 22nd and staying a few days after. He is open to others joining him on either end. Lodging cost for additional nights is $45. Check with Darrell to see if any space is available.