New Hope is providing a place for men to connect, check in and share what is going on inside of them to mitigate the isolation of addiction and especially during the “Social Distancing” mandates of Covid19. The format is a simple one where men can log into a video call with whoever is on at the time. Guys will take turns sharing the following points:
- Introduce yourself, I.e. “I’m Darrell in Lawrence, Kansas”
- Where am I today? current joys, struggles, triumphs, feelings, etc?
- How have I done on my 6 dailies? (6 Dailies are explained in New Hope For Sexual Integrity available in our Store in both a hard copy and digital version)
- Is there any sin I need to bring into the light?
- Goals: What was my goal at my last check in and how have I done with it? What is one specific, attainable goal I will commit to for the coming week?
- What is one thing I have read, learned or experienced this week that has been helpful to me
- Prayer: Please pray for me concerning . . .
The plan right now is that the room will be open 24/7 except for times like Sunday afternoons when both of New Hope’s rooms are needed for groups or individual sessions. As of right now, you can log in anytime and if someone is there, have a conversation. If no one is there, I would encourage you to leave your zoom window open, read some recovery material and see if someone joins you. You can also send out texts letting others know you are there.
Here are some times where individuals or groups have committed to be on: (All times Central)
- Mondays @ 6PM Seth and others from the Grand Rapids MI group
- Mondays 8PM Terry
- Tuesdays Noon–Terry & what was previously the telephone group
- Tuesdays from 7-8PM. Darrell & others from regular Tuesday Group.
- Wed-Fridays from 12-1PM Darrell
- Wednesdays 7PM Terry
- Thursdays starting at 7PM Andy
- Check back here as we will post other times as individuals commit to them.
If you are part of New Hope’s men’s groups or are doing individual or couples’ sessions with Darrell and have turned in your Intake Documents, you will just need to email Darrell for the password to get into the group. If you have not been part of New Hope before, but would like to connect in the meetings, email Darrell and he will set up a time to visit with you to talk over our program. You will also need to fill out, scan and email or mail your Intake Documents to us.
Zoom Instructions & Suggestions
- While you can do Zoom on a smart phone, a computer with a web cam and microphone work better for most users.
- You can also do “audio only” by calling in on any phone. If you want to use audio only, email or text Darrell for the login information.
- Go to www.zoom.com and click the “Join a meeting” link.
- Then enter 407-287-538 in the “Meeting ID or Personal ID” box
- Follow the prompts and you should be good.
- Please use your “mute” button in the bottom left corner when you have any background noise to keep it from coming through on everyone’s feed. (If you are on a phone, moving around or brushing your phone against anything often creates distracting noise.)
- Many also find it helpful to click on the “Gallery View” in the upper right corner as the constant switching back and forth can be distracting.