Joining the Men’s Group
In order to join our men’s groups, you must do the following:
- Schedule an intake session with Darrell Brazell, director of New Hope Recovery Ministries or Bob Clifton at Christ First Counseling Center in Topeka
- Listen to Darrell’s message: A Theology of Sex
- Read, fill out, sign and turn in the intake documents.
- Sometime within your first two months, you must have a one on one session with Darrell or your counselor to go over your sexual history inventory. This inventory is included in chapter 3 of Darrell’s New Hope For Sexual Integrity Manual.
- If you are married, we highly encourage your wife to join you for the initial intake session as well as ongoing couples’ sessions.
- We also highly recommend your wife join the wives’ recovery group. If she is willing, she should contact Debbie Brazell by using the contact form below or calling the church office at 785-331-HOPE (4673) and leaving a message. Debbie will call her as soon as her schedule allows.
- New Hope Recovery Ministries does not charge for recovery coaching, groups, etc. However, we are dependent on donations so we ask you consider giving so we can effectively serve you and others through this difficult process. Please see suggested donation page of Intake Documents
For a description of what an initial couple’s session looks like please go to our Ideal Initial Sessions page.
New Hope For Sexual Integrity
Darrell Brazell is in the final stages of editing New Hope For Sexual Integrity which combines many years of experience, current research in addiction recovery and brain science as well as the principles of THRIVE and the “LIFE MODEL” developed by Dr. Jim Wilder, Ed Khouri and others. The manual is the foundational resource for the recovery group and can be purchased at New Hope or at NewHope4si.com.
Helpful Sermons For Recovery On MP3
(Right Click and choose “Save As” to download them to your computer.)
- Ten Pastoral Commandments When Dealing With Sexual Issues
- Freedom Reigns
- A Theology of Sex
- Embrace The Spiritual Journey
- The Power of Joy
- The Dance
- What The Cross Says About Marriage
- Abraham: Extravagant Grace
- Scandal In High Places
- Beauty, Tragedy, Desolation . . . Hope! (Story of Tamar’s Rape From Her Perspecitive)